Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Legal Eagle, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
How to contest a divorce if uncontested final divorce decree
Ray, Lawyer
how to contest a divorce if uncontested final divorce decree was signed due to manipulation to sign the uncontested final divorce decree … read more
I need advice from a California family law attorney very
Ray, Lawyer
I need advice from a California family law attorney very familiar with Santa Clara County. My wife filed for legal separation, spousal support and attorney fees and I was served three weeks ago. The s… read more
This is specifically about a continuance on an initial
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
This is specifically about a continuance on an initial family law hearing for legal separation and spousal support in the state of CA. I believe I would need someone who can specifically address the s… read more
I have who wants to do an Uncontested Divorce. He had a
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Hi, I have who wants to do an Uncontested Divorce. He had a couple questions: 1. The first question is that he currently lives in Texas, but his him and his ex (technically his wife) were married in F… read more
Can an Australian citizen married to a US citizen engage a
socrateaser, family lawyer
Can an Australian citizen married to a US citizen engage a lawyer in a divorce case. … read more
If I fill out my divorce forms where I live in Alaska can
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Hi if I fill out my divorce forms where I live in Alaska can I sign and get it notarized and mail them to my wife in California and then she can sign and notarize them? will there be a problem with us… read more
A couple is going through a divorce and the husband has moved
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
A couple is going through a divorce and the husband has moved to Russia. Can he sign the forms and have them notarized there and mail them back or how would the divorce process be filed otherwise… read more
I am in my divorce proceedings with completecase.com and the
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I am in my divorce proceedings with completecase.com and the forms are filed in california. I am in the 2nd month of the 6 month waiting period before the last forms get filed and the divorce is final… read more
My bother (in, Nevada) wants to divorce s wife (in Santa
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
My bother (in Henderson, Nevada) wants to divorce his wife (in Santa Clara, CA) but he cannot file the divorce papers since he cannot recall the date of his marriage 21 years ago. He tried to get a co… read more
My wife filed in 2008 she just refined the fl-syvl 2336
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
My wife filed for divorce in 2008 she just refined the fl-syvl 2336 packet again. Things have changed a lot since. Including minor child. Can she do this?… read more
Hello, My husband and i are going through a divorce, In California,
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
Hello, My husband and i are going through a divorce, In California, Santa Clara. Due to money shortage, we decided not to take any lawyers and both signed a divorce agreement. I moved now to New York.… read more
Hello, I got married in 2001 in Santa Clara, CA. I got divorced
socrateaser, family lawyer
Hello, I got married in 2001 in Santa Clara, CA. I got divorced in Belgium in the summer of 2012. The court in Belgium declared our marriage final with the understanding that the devision of assets st… read more
i am santa clara , california and responded to a petition for
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
i am santa clara , california and responded to a petition for dissolution of marriage by using fl-120. Can I service this copy of fl-120 to the petitioners attorney by certified mail ( i will sent it … read more
I have a case mgt conf and discovery due for a civil suit.
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
I have a case mgt conf and discovery due for a civil suit. I have an unemployed and have been offered a part time job that requires me to be out of city for a few months. Is it possible to postpone th… read more
Motion for verification example - family law support
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
Motion for verification example - family law support opposing party has filed a modification order. opposing party provides income expense which has discrepancies and I do not believe income stated. P… read more
I have the first hearing on my divorce petition my wife filed
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
I have the first hearing on my divorce petition my wife filed on 11/12 and amended on 11/22. I responded with a legal separation on 01/12/11. Our CMC date is on 05/05/11. It doesn't seem to me like my… read more
Divorce My spouse and I have both US/Taiwan dual citizenship.
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Divorce: My spouse and I have both US/Taiwan dual citizenship. We got married in Taiwan many years ago. My spouse filed a divorce in Santa Clara county recently. Is it a valid filing since my job is i… read more
I have been completely blackballed by all in Santa Clara County
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I have been completely blackballed by all in Santa Clara County Courts due to my ex husbands persistance and his high powered attorney. Even though years have passed S.C. County will still not even ge… read more