Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have had soul placement of my grandson since he was 6

Customer Question
I have had soul...

I have had soul placement of my grandson since he was 6 months old and legal guardianship for 3 years . would a judge give his father custody of him .? my grandson is now 6 and has told both his parents he wants to stay with me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I obtained sole custody and placement 3 years ago . im his legal guardian

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Wi

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His father is a chronic relapser

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
5/25/2018
Family Lawyer: fiftyshadesoflaw, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
fiftyshadesoflaw
fiftyshadesoflaw, Family Law Attorney

I am a licensed attorney and I will try to help you with this matter. Can you please answer a few follow up question and I can do a little research to better answer your question. What type of visitation has the father had with the child for the last 3 years? What is the fathers living situation? Was the child removed by CPS and that is how you got guardianship?