Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I bought a home with my boyfriend about 8 months ago. We are…

Customer Question
I bought a home...

I bought a home with my boyfriend about 8 months ago. We are obviously unmarried and we do not share any children together. I am debating about leaving him and I want to know what my rights are with the home,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

This is my first step

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Iowa We are unmarried with no children of our own though

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am the one who has invested the most financially.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/25/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Are both your names on the loan and/or deed?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!