Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have filed for custody of my granddaughter and I had the…

Customer Question
I have filed for...

I have filed for custody of my granddaughter and I had the paperwork filled out and paid for the defendant to be served. Is my filed paperwork valid if he has not received his summons yet. My court date is June 20th

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes. I have filed my petition for custody and the court has filed the court order on May 15th and I don't know if I have any say so. My granddaughter has been in my physical custody for a long time even though he has custody on paper, that's why I filed for emergency temporary custody. He is living with a woman and is now wanting to take her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by province. What province are you in?

I am in Concord Arkansas and the court is Cleburne County

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know my rights

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Can we chat here?

You need him to be served in person.If they try and fail you can motion the court for alternate service by certified mail or publication here.These are your next steps.Call the sheriff and see if they were able to serve him and if there is anything you can do to help this along.

I called them Wednesday and they said they have two servers and it all depends on the area they are serving and would notify me by mail when he is served.

Stay after them here , call on say Tuesday, Wednesday next week.Its important to you I know.Prayers to you with all of this.