Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex took my daughter to another state to live with her new…

My ex took my...

My ex took my daughter to another state to live with her new boyfriend and we are not divorced yet am I entitled to receive alimony?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes we filed divorce papers back in March some things have been noterized but the t

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Divorce is in georgia but she kicked me out and I had to move to tennesse with my parents

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/24/2018
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Thanks
Can I call you
Having prob with cell

Sure, I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone.

You should see a link for a phone call in your chat thread, there is usually one auto generated by the site.

Don't see it

I just sent you the link, you should see it now.

Nisha Jones

Please expect my call within the next few minutes, thanks!

Call(###) ###-####

The site connects us through a third party server.

You should have just been sent my phone number. Have you received it?

It was a pleasure speaking with you.

As we discussed, this is a list of the factors the court will consider when making a ruling on alimony:

1. The standard of living established during the marriage;
  2. The duration of the marriage;
  3. The age and the physical and emotional condition of both parties;
  4. The financial resources of each party;
  5. Where applicable, the time necessary for either party to acquire sufficient education or training to enable him to find appropriate employment;
  6. The contribution of each party to the marriage, including, but not limited to, services rendered in homemaking, child care, education, and career building of the other party;
  7. The condition of the parties, including the separate estate, earning capacity, and fixed liabilities of the parties; and
  8. Such other relevant factors as the court deems equitable and proper.

To review the statute, visit:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-19/chapter-6/article-1/19-6-1

You can contact the Georgia State Bar for a referral to a divorce attorney in the area.

The phone number is:

(###) ###-####/p>

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!