Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was divorced now going on six years I was in abused women…

I was divorced now...

I was divorced now going on six years I was in abused women throughout my entire marriage on the books 33 years at separation yet married 39 years at divorce . I never turned in reports that he beat me because then I would really be in trouble for more beatings and now I am ready to come forth and file a civil lawsuit against him for spousal abuse and the violence that when he committed against me he is still committing harassment by taking me to court for the past year and a half to in my spousal support therefore I believe the statute of limitations of three years should not apply to my case because the harassment has started again . Is that a good argument so that I can file civil charges of domestic violence against this monster who is destroying my life financially ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Also this took place in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Also this took place in California, No I have not however I have found that many lawyers will represent me without charge to fight a case like this he has over $8 million and I am the one that built up the business empire that made him wealthy and now me pour and that spelled POOR

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to find a lawyer that practices in California I am moving back to Central Coast Pizmo beach area and I do want to know if I can file civil violence of domestic against him for harassment and forcing me to sign the divorce papers with the threat of death therefore I fled California to Arkansas but I’m coming back hopefully June 20 next month

5/21/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you very much there is much more to my story part of which includes him attempting to murder me and his threat to murder me if I did not sign the divorce papers almost 6 years ago . I do have witnesses I do have journals that I have kept for many years of the abuse I endured I fled to Arkansas for my life after I signed the divorce papers that I knew he was cheating me out of my share according to California law

If he has not complied with the orders of the divorce here that is contempt and there is no statute of limitations on that.You also have right to sue here, if there was reason you did not discover this for awhile it may toll the statute of limitations on your civil claim.

You can locate family lawyer here.Use the ones with free consultation and see what you can work out.I am not allowed clients off site and neither are any other experts under terms of service.

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/family-law/california/pismo-beach

I appreciate the chance to help you today, prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Are you saying that because I did not know there was a three-year statute of limitations that I can still file a civil lawsuit against him and I am talking in the millions of dollars range

Yes I am and you can also file contempt for those things he is not in compliance with, might be two actions contempt and civil suit here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started