Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to adopt my daughter whio is an adult now I have

Customer Question
I want to adopt...

I want to adopt my daughter whio is an adult now I have beeen aroun her for 20 years and niow want to make it legal and she does too

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not yet we need to know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas she is in new mexico

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
5/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Adult adoptions are common and only require the consent of the Proposed Adoptee and her souse if they are married.

I'm going to do some research about adult adoption law in Texas.

I'll be right back.

Sue