Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My divorce was finalize in Tampa FL and I am now want to…

Customer Question
My divorce was finalize...

My divorce was finalize in Tampa FL and I am now want to apply for my ex-husband Chase bank pension. He is ok with it. I was advised that I need an attorney in Florida. Is that correct

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in FL family court?

No, I am starting from scratch. I am not sure of the procedure. I reside in NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NY but he resides in Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'n not sure what else they need to know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Sean K, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

So in the divorce were you granted a specific percentage of the pension or were you granted a dollar amount?