Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
I am a woman married to another woman in the state of NC. We
Eric. Y., Esq.
Eric. Y., Esq., Law/J.D.
I am a woman married to another woman in the state of NC. We conceived a child using donated sperm, but not through a sperm bank. My son was conceived using artificial imseminarion at our home. I am t… read more
I would like to have my parents adopt my son, do I need the
Ray, Lawyer
For Ray If I would like to have my parents adopt my son, do I need the father's consent if we are not married and he does not have custody?… read more
I live in IL. My niece was born July 2015 spent 3 months on
Mitchell Bailey
Mitchell Bailey, Attorney
I live in IL. My niece was born July 2015 spent 3 months on foster in KY tested positive for cocain when born. Mom went to jail over old charge spent 45 days in jail. She was ordered to complete subst… read more
My wife and I have adopted 2 children through foster care.
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
My wife and I have adopted 2 children through foster care. Biologically they are half brothers (same bio Mom). There is an older half sister that had been previously adopted by another family. In Octo… read more
Biological father has financially taken care of child its
originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney at Law
Biological father has financially taken care of child its whole life now the mother who is married to someone else but been living with the bio father child's whole life is in jail what rights does th… read more
A friend of mine has asked me to adopt her baby. She is
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
Hello.. A friend of mine has asked me to adopt her baby. She is married, however the baby belongs to another man. We are in Michigan. Does the baby's father have rights?… read more
How can i find my daughter that was taken from me i dont
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
How can i find my daughter that was taken from me i dont want to take her from her family i just want to know that shes ok and what she looks like is there anything i can do my rights were terminated … read more
My family member had a baby when was 19 at the time she and
Sam, Attorney
My family member had a baby when was 19 at the time she and the baby's father was on drugs so much that the baby was born with an addiction ... This person (being the grandmother) convinced them to te… read more
I am in great need of legal advice. I am an Indiana
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Hello, I am in great need of legal advice. I am an Indiana resident and I have been asked by a childhood friend to care for her two children indefinitely. Both her and the children currently reside in… read more
Can a 10yrs old child like me get bio-parental rights terminated.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
Can a 10yrs old child like me get bio-parental rights terminated. I have live with my parents since I was 4 mos.… read more
Got girl pregnant who is still legally married says its mine
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Got girl pregnant who is still legally married says it's mine strong chance either way. What should I do. If my child want custody-Scotty… read more
If a child is removed from the parents because of "neglect",
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
If a child is removed from the parents because of "neglect", and adopted by family members, is there any way that child.can be.placed in the custody of someone else if the adoptive parents agree?… read more
I am a foster/adopt parent in Stanislaus County. We had our
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I am a foster/adopt parent in Stanislaus County. We had our first placement in early 2009, the baby was taken into custody after the carseats was taken and thrown into the street with the 8 day old ba… read more
Our daughter is a mother of a minor child born out of wedlock
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Our daughter is a mother of a minor child born out of wedlock in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She is facing a motion filed by the biological father asking for "Sole and Exclusive Custody" of her son. As I underst… read more
Hi, I am remarried now after having been divorced for about
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Owner of my own law firm
Hi, I am remarried now after having been divorced for about two years. My ex was abusive, yet we had a child together. Since it was an abusive situation, it took me 4 years to get my divorce. When I r… read more
I am a lesbian going through a battle with a formor partner.
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I am a lesbian going through a battle with a formor partner. The issue is that Aug 1st we conceived a baby. I found a donor she carried the baby. Now that the baby is here she is very sometimie with a… read more
In need of help with Florida laws regarding dissolution of
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
In need of help with Florida laws regarding dissolution of adoption or other alternative. I prefer not to have this published if possible We adopted 2 teenage boys a few years ago. When the Child 1 tu… read more
The biological mother is due in November and I am wondering
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
The biological mother is due in November and I am wondering what steps I need to take as the adoptive stepparent in order to bring the baby home legally from the hospital. What are the appropriate ste… read more