Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question my son lives with my mom but she doesn't…

Customer Question
Good afternoon Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good afternoon

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Yes I have a question my son lives with my mom but she doesn't have custody of my son how can I put my son father on child support

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

My mom just went to court but she said that the court told her that she can't take my son father to court because she doesn't have custody now I don't know if she is telling me the truth because she wants custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know how to put my son father on child support

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/9/2018
Family Lawyer: fiftyshadesoflaw, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
fiftyshadesoflaw
fiftyshadesoflaw, Family Law Attorney

My name is ***** ***** I am the Expert that will try to help you with your question. I see that you are asking how to put the father of your child on child support? I first see that you stated that you son lives with your mother. If you are the biological mother and you would like to file for child support than you need to have your son live with you. Your mother is right unless she has a custody order for your son she is not able to apply for child support. Once your son is back in your custody then here are the following steps to apply for child support:

How to Apply for Child Support Services (here is a link in case you chose to apply online https://childsupport.floridarevenue.com/Registration/ApplicantPreQualification

To apply for services, you can apply online, visit your local child support office or call the Child Support Program and ask for an application to be mailed to you.

If you have questions or need assistance at any time during the application process, please contact the Child Support Program.

What Happens After You Apply

Once you apply for services, the Child Support Program will process your application and contact you if there is any additional information needed to open your child support case.

You will be notified by mail when your case is opened. Once your case is opened, the Child Support Program may need additional information from you to establish or enforce child support or establish paternity. When additional information is requested, it is important that you provide the information requested as soon as possible. Examples of the information that may be requested include any previous court orders you may have or the child’s birth certificate. The request for additional information will be mailed to you.

Once you have an open case, please notify the Child Support Program anytime there are changes to:

• Your address or employment
  • The other parent's address or employment

These are steps you can take to get child support for the care of the child from the father. My goal is to provide you with superior customer services, so if you have follow up questions let me know. If not and this answer has been helpful please provide me a five star rating. If you have questions in the future you can request me. Take care and good luck.