Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The state has taken custody of my grandchildren. The Mother…

Customer Question
The state has taken...

The state has taken custody of my grandchildren. The Mother is not getting them back so they will be put up for adoption. My husband and I want to adopt them. Does the state of Missouri provide me with an attorney to do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in MO family court?

No I haven't yet. I do get visitation with them once a month though.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. I'm kind of lost on what to do and how to go about it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

If the Child Protective Services that took custody of your grandchildren supports your desire to adopt your grandchildren, their attorney will file the adoption papers for you.

However, the State of Missouri will not provide an attorney to you under these circumstances.

Sue

I have to go off line for a while.

I'll check back in with you soon.

Sue

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sue

Did you find the information I sent you helpful?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sue