Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is a sophomore in high school. She is starting…

Customer Question
My daughter is a...

My daughter is a sophomore in high school. She is starting Running Start at SPSCC this fall. My ex-husband is tell me that his attorney considers buying a car for my 16 year old is a college expense and if he takes out a loan for a car, I owe him. Is a car for a 16 year old to get back and forth to community college is a school expense?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Washington State.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know that I have to go to court when my daughter is accepted in to a 4 yr college for her bachelor degree. In Washington state, they account for earnings of each parent to determine the cost for each parent, which I will do. But a Car.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can contest the car. If the other parent believes it is necessary it can cover the expense but it is need treated akin to tuition or boarding.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”