Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I APPLIED FOR LEGAL CUSTODY OF MY GREAT GRAND DAUGHTER. LAST…

I APPLIED FOR LEGAL...

I APPLIED FOR LEGAL CUSTODY OF MY GREAT GRAND DAUGHTER. LAST WEEK SUNDAY SOME GUYS CAME LOOKING FOR MY GRANDSON AND FIRED 5 SHOTS IN THE HOUSE.. I WAS TRYING TO GET CUSTODY OF HER BECAUSE SHE S BEEN WITH ME FROM BIRTH. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING HER parents don't. My problem is I went to court today and was afraid her mom would have used it against me I allowed her to have her most of the days so she got custody. I am so nervous because of this stupid mistake. Is there anyway it can be done over

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes we went to court today

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes.the mother just start taking the child since she found out about the documents.

4/25/2018
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Important Information (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)

1. I am a user of this website just like you. I have no insight into your account, what you are paying for the question, if you have subscribed for a reoccurring fee, etc. IF you have questions regarding the website, I would urge you to contact customer support (there will be an option on your interface to reach customer support).
2. This website will likely send you an offer for a telephone call. This offer is sent by the website (I have no control over this). You can feel free to accept the offer if you wish to speak on the phone or to decline if you prefer to type back and forth.
3. I will likely have questions about the information you provide, if you can respond to the questions, that will help me understand your circumstances and provide the best possible answer for you.
4. As we communicate, there may be a delay, rest assured if I am delayed responding it is because I am delayed on another matter and will respond to you as quickly as I can.

I want to make sure I understand...the court granted you visitation over the child? Is that correct?

She come on weekend

So you have every weekend with the child, per the order?

P. Simmons, Lawyer
Phone call session started