Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am thinking about divorce due to the affairs of my wife. I…

Customer Question
I am thinking about...

I am thinking about divorce due to the affairs of my wife. I want to give up my house to my wife. But the problem is that my wife is not able to pay the house mortgage. When I give the house to my wife, I want to free from the responsibility of mortgage payment.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

New Jersey

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I think here you want to insist on a sale here and if there is any profit split it.She cannot make mortgage, and you apparently don't need it so selling it now makes real sense.

I don't see any other way out of this to resolve it and get it out of your name here.Sometimes delaying a sale here just means more trouble if it goes into foreclosure.Sell it for what you can get and you are done with the ex here and the house.Court would probably order it anyway if she cannot make payments since loan is in your name.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks good luck and prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I appreciate your valuable and clear answer to my problem. Thank you so much.

You are so welcome have a blessed day, stars at top of page thanks for 5 stars.