Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex filed a restraining order against me. We went to court…

My ex filed a...

My ex filed a restraining order against me. We went to court and I had to hire a lawyer. My lawyer told me the case was dismissed. I file a lawsuit against my ex for lying on the restraining order that we never had intimate sex but I lost the case and the judge believed him. But the problem is I got pregnant and gave birth of his twin daughters. My ex lied about our relationship, did not tell me he was married, conned money from me. One of his mistresses contact me that he contact her not to talk to me because he got the restraining order against me. As of now, I’m worrying about my reputation. Should I do something or there’s nothing I can do in case there’s a restraining order against me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

He told the judge him or I never were in a relationship. I found out he was married with 2 kids trying to protect his reputation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want my life back and move on with a clear record

4/25/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your situation. However, I am having trouble with your narrative.

If the Restraining Order against you was dismissed, what record are you now trying to clear?

Have you gone back to Court and filed for Child Support?

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I tried to go back to court to file child support but his lawyer would not let me. I told my ex I was pregnant and left with letting me know. I found out he was married with 2 kids and I did not know about, he file a restraining order against me. I had to hire a lawyer to get the case dismiss and I was told he did and agree to stay away from one another. I took him back to court to file a lawsuit against him to reimburse my legal fee for all the trouble he cause with my pregnancy and finances I pay for his truck, gas, expenses, and rent. I lost the case. His formal mistress contact me to let me know he contacted her to not communicate with me because he got a restraining order against me.

Thank you for the information.

First and foremost, you should go to Court where the Restraining Order was filed to review the Docket and make sure that the case is dismissed. The Courthouse may also offer case search online where you can review the docket of your case.

Second, a lawyer or anyone else cannot prevent you from filing for child support. If he is denying that the child is his, then you need to file Complaint to Determine Paternity and for Child Support. DNA test would be ordered. He MUST comply with the Court Order. If the DNA test shows that he is the father, then he would be ordered to pay child support. You can obtain assistance from the family Court facilitator with the establishment of paternity case. Click here for more information..

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If I go to court and the clerk says he got a restraining order against me, there’s nothing I can do about it?

You have to speak with your Attorney at that point because the Attorney told you that the Restraining Order was dismissed and you paid the Attorney for the service.

Okay. I will contact him. Thank you

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating so that I can receive credit for responding to your post.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Have a wonderful day!

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law