Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was wondering if you could write for me an example of how…

Hi, I was wondering if...
Hi, I was wondering if you could write for me an example of how my form should read and when I should file it. Also, I got a request by mail from his lawyer that I'm suppose to put him on my insurance card but he left the house and I started the job and didn't put them on. Never mind he was molesting my daughter....
4/24/2018
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

I have everything and can prepare a sample of what should be on the Amended Answer so you can adapt it. I will charge the $30 for this. Let me know if this is okay and I will send over the offer.

I already did an amended answer. This is another amended answer? You advised getting a custody evaluation or a guardian to look into the molestation. I could ask for an accounting of usage of funds (I’m not sure I understand that, like how he pays for lawyers or bills?) and also request his lawyers to provide proof of efforts to find employment. I should also ask for extension to finish the taxes. Is this a motion I would file? I like all these ideas I just need help putting them into play. What form, how to write it and when to file it. Thank you!

Not an issue, I was just about to follow up as I see that Amended Answer has already been filed. I have a Motion that you can complete from Cook County for the appointment of an Guardian and can walk you through it.

I can also assist with a motion for a psychological evaluation. I would essentially do a road map for you, send it to you so you could fill in any needed details and them proof over it to make sure it was in form to file.

Same offer.

Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney
Sounds good, where do I sign?

I will get to work on these tonight and will try to get them out this evening.

Its ok. I’m working through Thursday and won’t be able to do anything til Friday. If you want to do it tomorrow it’s ok

Then in that case would it be acceptable for me to get them to you on Thursday?

Will do

did you forget about me?

I thought I uploaded these yesterday around midday, but apparently the system did not transmit them. Do let me know you received them. Let me know if you have any questions.

And no, promise I did not forget about you!

Im not understanding the guardian part. Will the court take my kid until things quiet down? or is it a lawyer? who is the guardian? In medicine its someone who makes legal decisions because someone lacks decisional capacity. I get the psychological person reviewing the case. And do I pay for the guardian? So I just print this up and fill in the blanks? What date do I put, the next court date? Do I file it now? I also wanted to have an extention to do the taxes. What form do I fill out for the extension before the next court date. Thanks.

No the Court won't take your child. The Guardian is an independent person who does an investigation into the appropriateness of the contact between your child and him. The evaluator will evaluate him. The Court will determine the cost of the Guardian. In law, for custody cases, the Guardian is a person who protects the interest of the child. They will not make decisions for them and their role will end when the case is over. Let me see, before you file this if I can find a good overview for you on Guardians and custody.

So you need to customize the the motions and then file with the Court as you have before. As to taxes, you can get an extension via the IRS by the proper form. Would you like me to get a link to the form for you? Just let me know. I will be out the morning, but will get to this later today.

Please send me a link to who the guardian actually is. I want an extention with the court to produce 3 years worth of taxes, not with the IRS. Although I should probably do it with them as well. I don't have my taxes prepared and the other lawyer wants them. I want to stall for about 3 months.

The Court will appoint a Guardian from their list. It is not normally online and I was unable to locate one, but that is the standard approach Courts use.

As to the extension how you approach it differs slightly depending on whether it was just his attorney how requested the taxes or if it was the Court who ordered them produced. For either, initially, it is not necessary to file a motion, rather you just reach out to his attorney via mail.

If it was just his attorney who requested them, then a letter could read something such as....

"I request an extension to produce the requested tax returns until ____________________, 2018.

Please let me know if this is agreeable or if I should file the appropriate motion with the Court."

If the Court ordered the production, the letter could read something like....

"Pursuant to the Court's prior order, I request an extension to produce the requested tax returns until ____________________, 2018.

Either of these will work and if he says no, then a motion could be filed.

Just the process of asking and, if you had to file a motion, would likely take 4-6 weeks depending on the Court's calendar.

Can we talk sometime? I’d like to schedule with you if you don’t mind. Is custody evaluation and guardian the same thing? Who pays for it? I though it was a psychological person. Also as to usage of funds you mentioned earlier do I just send a letter to his attorney or file a motion. I’d also like to know what efforts he’s nade to get a job as you mentioned. Do I do that via letter or a motion. I know it’s a lot so maybe a scheduled chat would be more productive

Certainly. We absolutely could do that. Perhaps Sunday or Monday?

I'm off sunday and monday. Sunday evening or Monday morning, I take my kids to school at 8:15 am, I could be home by 8:45am. Or sunday evening around 9pm?

Lets shoot for Monday morning.

ok. do I call you or you call me?

I will reach out on Monday.

I have learned I will be out of the office on Monday morning. I will let you know when I get back.

I don’t see the call button so I can pay, can you send me link?

I am available now, but for whatever reason I can't send over the link for the call. Let's do this, do another request and I will send over a link with a reduced price for the call.

Ok

Im good when you are available.

I’m here. I don’t see link to pay. (###) ###-#### Is like to pay

Responded under other thread.