Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a child custody question. I have current custody

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a child custody question

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have current custody order, but the father and I agreed to a different schedule per his request which led to reducing his hours now I want to go back to court to show that his hours reduced per his request

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are my chances fro a strong case?

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/24/2018
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Do you have the different schedule in writing? Even in a text or email?

I have emails where he is requesting change of schedule and is listing a detailed schedule that shows difference in total hours

In that case, you have a good chance at getting the schedule changed. You'll file a Request for Order seeking a modification, explain that you have reached a different agreement, and attach the emails. The judge should grant the request.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl300.pdf

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

He realized I planned to do that and sent a new email requesting to go back to his original schedule. Will that reduce my chances of convincing the judge>

It shouldn't. An agreement is valid once it's made. There's nothing in the law that requires you to rescind an agreement after it's made.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Thank you!!!

You're welcome!