Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A family friend just had a judge order cps to return custody…

Customer Question
A family friend just...

A family friend just had a judge order cps to return custody of two children to their aunt by 5 today. She got a call at three saying they had gone to ANOTHER judge to get an appeal and they would not return the children. CPS has lied and manipulated this poor family for a long time now, and I can’t watch them do this to her or her children anymore. What recourse do we have? How do we get involved?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the friend taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

They had a custody hearing today. She has not filed paperwork since then. Everything appeared in order when her and my wife left court today. The judge chastised the cps workers for their role in taking the children and this absolutely seems retributive.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I’m sure they will have questions

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/24/2018
Family Lawyer: Sean K, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

So this scenario is very troubling.

Was your family friend in the Courtroom when the initial judge ordered the return of the children? Also, was the order of the judge reduced to writing?