Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter was on a visit with her father and he had her…

Customer Question
My daughter was on...

My daughter was on a visit with her father and he had her committed on a 5150 and now the hospital is not allowing me to see her

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

She lives with me and he has 2 weekends visitation

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is 15

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/16/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You would need to have legal counsel involved to arrange for visit and pursue court relief.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!