Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a court order with my sons father. joint legal cust…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a court order with my sons father. joint legal cust visitation every other weekend in NJ. he has recently moved about 4 blocks from us. What is my position on enforcing the current agreement? I dont want to disturb the routine that we have. the father is starting to want to have them stay over during the week and when its not his visitation time.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in NJ family court?

No I havent. I just have the current court order which has been in place for years

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Not yet

4/16/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The agreement is enforceable and binding. You may require he abide by it and a court would enforce it.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a Leaving a bonus after rating is sincerely appreciated!
Thanks - if he were to take me to court to get more visitation, would they grant him that? just bc he moved closer?
No. The change is not significant and does not warrant any changes.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer