Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have filed for divorce but I cannot locate my ex. She has…

Customer Question
I have filed for...

I have filed for divorce but I cannot locate my ex. She has refused to give me the medicaid information on our son even though he has been in my sole possession for 10 months. The Medicaid office won't investigate because I cannot "prove" he has been in my custody. ( I have tons of witnesses etc.) How can I force the medicaid office to do their job. Right now everytime he gets sick I have to take him to the ER because I cannot get his medicaid information without a court order. According to the medicaid office.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I filed for divorce back in January but because her family won't cooperate, I have not been able to get her served even though she is living somewhere locally.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to get his medicaid information so that he can get proper medical care in the interim of the finalization of the divorce.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/12/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The legal remedy here is to set your divorce for temporary orders so you get legal custody.If you have legal custody they will accept the orders and give you the needed information.Hearings like this are standard where you need legal custody of the child.

Forms and self help

https://texaslawhelp.org/article/temporary-orders-temporary-restraining-orders-tros

Judge will also order her to produce it and you can hold her in contempt if she doesn't provide it here in Texas.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.so sorry that this happened to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.