Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been ordered to attend Child Custody Recommending…

I have been ordered to...
I have been ordered to attend Child Custody Recommending Counseling in Riverside county, however I live in Texas. The session is scheduled for a Wednesday at 8 a.m., basically the worst possible time for me to travel.1. Can I get the session reset to a Monday or Friday yo ease travel and missing work?
2. Is it possible to attend by telephone?
3. Should I prepare any notes or other supporting information for the counselor?Sorry for 3 questions but Y or N is probably all I need to know.
4/12/2018
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

1. You can make the request, but it's up to them whether to agree to the change. Based on the fact that you have to travel, your request is reasonable, so it's likely they'll OK it. The more time you give them, the better. And if they haven't given you a new date by the time the original date comes up, you will still have to drive there.

2. Same. There's no harm in asking, and they may say yes.

3. Prepare everything you want the counselor to know. If you have specific evidence they should see, bring it. You want them to have as much information as possible. If they agree to allow you to appear by phone, ask if you can fax, mail, or email documents in ahead of time.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
excellent work, my kids and I thank you

You're welcome! Good luck.