Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD WHO GOT HURT AT SCHOOL. TOLD THE SCHOOL…

I HAVE A 5...

I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD WHO GOT HURT AT SCHOOL. TOLD THE SCHOOL ABOUT IT AND THEY CALLED CPS ON ME. I ASKED FOR HIM TO BE INTERVIEWED BY A FORENSIC CHILD SPECIALIST AND HE WAS AT A CHILD ASVOCACY CENTER IN WHICH ONE CPS WORKER SAID IT HAPPENED AT SCHOOL AND IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED IN. BEFORE THEY INTERVIEWED ME I ASKED ONE OF THE INTERVIEWERS IF SHE WAS RELATED TO THE TEACHER AND SHE SAID YES AND EXCUSED HERSELF. IT WAS THE SUPERVISOR. NOW THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DROP IT BUT CONTINUE TO ASK QUESTIONS WITH DIFFERWNT PEOPLE. I WAS WHY AM I BEING INVESTIGATED AND THEY SAID IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDNT SEEK MEDICAL CARE. I GAVE THEM THE SOCUMENTATION FOR THE MEDICAL CARE THE DAY I WAS QUESTIONED. I DIDNT GET IMMEDIATE MED CARE BECAUSE AT THE TIME WE COULDNT TELL IF HE HAD A STOPPED UP BLOODY NOSE AND SWOLLEN LEFT CHEEK WAS FROM THE KICK TO THE FACE AT SCHOOL OR ALLERGIES SINCE HE HAS A TON. IT WAS ONLY WHEN THE TEACHER CAME OUT TO TELL THE BABYSITTER ONE DAY THAT LANDON WAS ACTING DIFFERENT THAT MADE ME DECIDE TO TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR. I NEED LEGAL ASAP. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? I HAVE TONS OF DOCUMMENTATION

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No because every lawyer i call dont take these casez

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That sums it up

4/12/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you so much!!!
Very welcome.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer