Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

MY SON HAS TWO CHILDREN FROM A RELATIONSHIP(NO MARRIAGE)AND…

Customer Question
MY SON HAS TWO...

MY SON HAS TWO CHILDREN FROM A RELATIONSHIP(NO MARRIAGE)AND SHE DECEIDED IN NOV TO MOVE HER AND KIDS OUT TO LIVE AT HER MOMS. WHAT ARE MY SONS RIGHTS

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

NO BUT SHE HAS REGISTERED THE FIVE YEAR OLD IN A SCHOOL NEAR HER MOM AND HE GETS KIDS A COUPLE OF DAYS A WEEK

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I NEED TO KNOW IF ITS LEGAL TO REGISTER THE CHILD IN A DIFFERENT DISTRIT THEN THEY LIVE AND HOW CAN HE BE SURE HE WILL NOT LOSE THE CUSTODY

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/12/2018
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Is there a court order at this time or does he have a few days by agreement. Do the children live in New Jersey or is that where the school is? And what other state are we talking about?