Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex-bf has two 3rd degree family violence charges and is…

My ex-bf has two...

My ex-bf has two 3rd degree family violence charges and is on probation for the offence against me when he choke me while I was pregnant with our daughter. I have pictures of the physical abuse thur out our relationship. Can I request supervised visit for him?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes back in December he was in a oil field accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down and he doesn't want to pay child support for our daughter and he thinks cuz he is in a wheel chair the court will side with him

4/4/2018
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

ok thank you

Good morning. Yes, you certainly can request supervised visitation. A Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child so if you can show and support that the child could be at risk or danger or that he should not be alone with the child, you can ask that visitation is supervised, at this time. The fact that he is in a wheelchair does not mean he could not abuse or harm the child, so I do not think the Judge would just feel bad for him and allow visitation IF the child is at risk.

plus his mother called cps on both of us because she was mad that I choose to not let her see my daughter and CPS made us do a drug test and he failed for cocain in his system and also lost his job after he wrecked a company truck with cocain in his system at the time can that be used against him as well. He was more verbal abuse told our daughter telling her to shut the f**k up at night when she would cry or hit me when I was holding her can I use that as well. I just don't have proof of that except for my word

Yes, those are all things which you can allege and use, as your basis for which supervised visitation should be imposed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer