Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Dfas took my kids in Aug for drug problems I have finished a…

Customer Question
Dfas took my kids...

Dfas took my kids in Aug for drug problems I have finished a treatment plan because dfas called me today and said my daughter was hurt at daycare and I wasn't told until today she is in foster care is there any thing I can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

The case worker called me tonight at 7 to inform me that it happened at day care Fri but the foster parents did not call her until today after having to take my child to the hospital on Fri and again on Sunday the case worker has not saw the injury yet they said she and another child was running and his tooth punchered my child's eyeball

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/4/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Sounds like a typical negligent case worker. The case worker should have gone out to see the child as soon as they were notified of the injury. If the injury happened Friday, it is now Wednesday and they should have seen the child.

At this point, you need to get to legal aid and file a motion in court for reunification based on the gross negligence of both the foster parents and child protection social worker for their failure to properly protect your child.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply.