Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son wants to resume his visitation with his children but…

Customer Question
My son wants to...

My son wants to resume his visitation with his children but the mother refuses to let them come here because she says there are too many drugs and she has accused my son but he is not on drugs! A cousin of my husband came by the house over a year ago and he has been in prison and is a sex offender but was only here for 5 minutes and I told her the truth about it and that’s when she stopped it. The girls are 10 and 9 and they want to come so bad!!! We cannot afford a lawyer but what can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

None! They have their divorce and got it 2 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

North Carolina

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/4/2018
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Was your son given visitation rights in the divorce, and if so what were his rights in that court order?