Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter's attorney has promised at the initial meeting…

My daughter's attorney has...

My daughter's attorney has promised at the initial meeting and contract signing, Feb, 8, 2017, to provide my granddaughter an attorney ad litem and has not done so. In addition, she has lied about the judge in the case being out "with an emergency

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

And that she would be out the rest of the week, This at a time we had been told we were to see the judge. We discovered the judge worked her docket each day during this time. We are in Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, except to tell her of our unhappiness in the delays to getting our child unsupervised visits.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have also been told there was going to be a mediation with the party having the child. There's been no effort to set this up even tho the last order from the court says the with the agreement of both parties the visitation arrangements may change.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Are you considering a lawyer change here?

possibly.. I failed to include the info the atty's office relayed to my daughter that it would now be at least 6 weeks before a court date could be set due to schedules. No mention was made about a mediation, which they had been discussing.

This doesn't sound good, lawyer may be too busy here or otherwise putting you on back burner.You can terminate here and find another one and move forward.

New lawyer here

State Bar of Texas - Lawyer Referral and Information Service

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Hours of Operation

Monday Through Friday

8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

Get Help

You can get help by calling the lawyer referral service at ***-***-**** (Toll-Free)

About Lawyer Referral Services

Lawyer referral services enroll licensed attorneys who pay the necessary registration fee and meet basic guidelines. Callers referred to a participating attorney by a lawyer referral service receive a half-hour consultation for no more than $20.00.

After the initial half-hour consultation, should the caller decide to authorize the lawyer to take action on their legal issue, the caller and lawyer may negotiate fees. These fees may be on a full or reduced fee basis, depending on the program the attorney is participating in.

Might be a good time to change here, ask for return of files.

I appreciate the chance to help yo u .Prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

If we speak by phone is the $59 an additional fee? I am considering requesting a complete copy of file this morning.

I would.And you have the right idea here, this is snot what you were seeking, it is not progressing.They haven't set it for mediation or anything.

I wish you the best.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer