Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My girlfriend has a open DCFS case and in her last court…

Customer Question
My girlfriend has a...

My girlfriend has a open DCFS case and in her last court date her family REUNIFICATION was terminated and her court appointed attorney let her know she has 120 days to submit a 388. What we don't understand is since her parental rights family reunification were terminated. So would her visits be terminated right

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your girlfriend taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

No she hasn't It's so sad n disheartening to see her sad n depress. Her close friend who is a parallegalel l let her know her civil rights could have been

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Violated

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

California

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Review Legal Documents + Write Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
4/4/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 17 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your friend's difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

What we don't understand is since her parental rights family reunification were terminated. So would her visits be terminated right

Response: If her parental rights have been terminated, her visitation rights would also be terminated because her visitation rights would stem from her rights as a parent. If those rights have been terminated, then she is no longer entitled to visitation rights unless the Court reverses the Order.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law