Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I have already split our home. I have refinanced…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have already split our home. I have refinanced the house and given her a check for half of the equity in the house. Your form doesn't have a place where I can spell that out. Does it?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

We have typed out a post nuptial agreement that spells out how we want to split our property. We have both signed and had it notarized. We have filed nothing with family court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also, my wife and I have agreed that in exchange for my wife asking for no alimony, I will pay for my daughter's college education. Is there a way to work that into the divorce agreement?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/4/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Which form are you referencing? This is justanswer.com a legal information site.

Wait a minute!! When I was filing out my divorce papers on completecase.com a window opened up asking me if I have questions. You are telling me you don’t work with completecase.com? Can I get my $47 reimbursed please?
Please contact customer service at ww2.justanswer.com/help.
I am an attorney and don't have access to your personal account. They should be able to process a refund for you.
Thanks but I tried to contact customer service and they referred me back to this page. Wow, you guys really know how to piss off a customer! Get ready for a really crappy review.

I'm not sure what happened as I don't have access to your account - I will send this to customer service and request a refund.