Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm 71 years old and my son is trying to get guardianship of…

Customer Question
My name is*****'m 71...

My name is*****'m 71 years old and my son is trying to get guardianship of me. He lives in Ohio and I live in Hurtsboro, AL. with my sister. I have been planning for several months to move out into a rental house that was being renovated. It is now ready and when I told my son Nickolas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, but he says that he has. I'm in the process of trying to find an attorney Now he is telling me that he can get emegency guardianship of me without my permission. What can I do to stop him?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I planned to move this week and my son continues to threaten me saying I cannot do this.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/3/2018
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you suffering from any cognitive impairment like dementia or Alzheimer's?

.

Are you able to take care of your daily activities on your own or with minimal help?

.

Have you ever been declared medically or mentally incompetent by your doctors or a judge?

.

.

thanks