Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Tina, I would like to initiate my devorce procedure and need…

Customer Question
Hello Tina, I would...

Hello Tina, I would like to initiate my devorce procedure and need some preliminary consultation about possible alimony?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know nothing so everything will help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/3/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

.

What can I answer for you?

We are separated since 2013. We both live in San Diego. I am retired with a very modest income. My husband is still working and his incomes about 10 the more than mine. No properties, just cars. Would it be possible to get a rough estimate of a possible alimony?
No, thanks, ***** ***** look for a free initial consultation.

No. I'm afraid that would be impossible... the factors for alimony - whether you can work, how long you've been married, what it would take to get you "back on your feet to get a job," what you gave up for him to get ahead (if anything).

I'm sorry - we don't do free consultations.