Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a hearing for parenting time disputes at the end of…

Customer Question
I have a hearing...

I have a hearing for parenting time disputes at the end of the month. Do I need to provide evidence supporting my argument or just solutions to the disputes?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have filed all the necessary paperwork. I am now just waiting my hearing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can parents who want to relinquish their rights still pay child support?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

I would provide all evidence that you have and bring solutions

parents who relinquish their parental rights are no longer financially responsible for child support

they would owe any outstanding arrears though

My ex has arrears. He wants to give up his rights because he hates me. the courts won't allow him to do this though.
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 3 months ago

the arrears will not go away unless you agree to them being forgiven.

the court will not allow him to terminate his parental rights unless someone else can stand in and "become" the father