Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Just Your normal 6 am question. I lover. I glove in michamf…

Customer Question
Hi, just Your normal...

Hi, just Your normal 6 am question. I lover

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I glove in michamf where slu

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Take two. Mighings rsskdent and cousin marriage isn’t legal. What could I do to make hr not my cousin anymore

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope, just want to know how to make a cousin not a cousin

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
you are asking how to become unrelated to a cousin?
simply to bypass Michigan law
simply to bypass Michigan law. Emancipation?
simply to bypass Michigan law. Emancipation? No paperwork filed, just curios at what Hurdles we might be facing
Emancipation applies to the adult parent and minor child relationship so one cannot become emancipated from a cousin.
Since cousins have no legal duty to each other there is no legal tie to sever other than inheritance issues. Since a cousin may inherit under the laws of intestate succession of one does not have closer kin, then that can be avoided by drafting a will excluding the cousin from ones estate plan.