Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We are both non american citizens, I’m wondering what

Customer Question
Hi, we are both...

Hi, we are both non american citizens, I’m wondering what documents do we need to get married in DC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

No, nothing yet. We want to get our license first.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing, we just want to get a license

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No problem

Here is the application form.Understand that you have to be married by a DC officiant, they can schedule that for you here too.

https://www.dccourts.gov/sites/default/files/matters-docs/INFORMATION-FOR-MARRIAGE-LICENSE-APPLICATION.pdf

Here is how to obtain a marriage license in Washington, D.C.: District of Columbia Courts

After you have a marriage license, you can either become married at a courthouse in Washington, D.C., or an officiant can marry you elsewhere in Washington, D.C.

If you want to become married at a courthouse in Washington, D.C., here is how: https://www.dccourts.gov/services/marriage-matters

If you want an officiant to marry you, find an officiant, such as a priest, minister, rabbi, imam, etc. The person can marry you and sign the paperwork, which would then go to the Court of the District of Columbia.

Thanks and congrats to you.Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

When applying for a marriage license, if you wish to be married at the courthouse, fill out a Civil Wedding Request Form. Please specify the date and time you would like to be married. The civil wedding calendar is generally booked 2 to 3 weeks in advance. Please apply and confirm a date and time for your civil wedding with the court prior to finalizing your plans.The marriage ceremony room holds approximately 10 to 15 guests. A court official will perform your marriage ceremony. You can receive a certified copy of your marriage license the same day. The cost for the certificate is $10.00.There is no fee for the marriage ceremony.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
what’s the first step now? Fill out the Application form and where could submit?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Where should I turn in those forms?

Hours of Operation

Monday-Friday:
8:30 am to 5:00 pm

Telephone Numbers

(###) ###-####/p>

Call here and they can give you address

I would consider using these guys,there is a fee but they can take all the problems out of it.

https://dcelopements.com/washington-dc-marriage-license-requirements/

They can walk it thru for you.

Thanks for rating 5 stars here at top of page.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
should I call the number and come to you?

Call the number tomorrow am and they can give you mailing instructions.You may also want to consider the service I gave you above that walks it thru for you.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer