Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My fiancé has a daughter who lives with her mom and grandma.

Customer Question
My fiancé has a...

My fiancé has a daughter who lives with her mom and grandma. Her mom just recently went to jail and has many charges against her. Her grandma went and got temp custody of his daughter and told no one of his daughters mom going to jail or her taking custody. My fiancé and I have a lawyer to get custody of her. What are her grandmas rights according to the Ohio law

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Ohio family court?

Yes and we have a court date set for the end of may

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Not yet for I was just told today when I went to pick up his daughter for Easter that all this has happened and transpired in the last few days. We filed for custody because his daughters mom has been messing up bad. But again I just found out today that the grandma went and filed emergency custody and informed me that this is how it was going to stay and my fiancé can’t do anything about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
to be clear the mother does not have custody and would like to seek custody as against the grandmother? Parental rights were not terminated?