Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I recently filed a motion to motify to begin obtaining child…

I recently filed a...

I recently filed a motion to motify to begin obtaining child support from my ex . we agreed to no child support in order for me to gain primary custody nearly 3 yrs ago. I appeared before the judge and was denied the modification to get child support because of the discovery questions I answered all the same response and the attorney general could not ask me anything with out his attornet objecting. I had 3 days to appeal so I did. I was granted the appeal and was told the date time and court but was told I need to file and let all parties now about the appeal. I am familar with efile is there a templete for this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes plenty

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My ex was the one supened by the attorney general so I didnt understand why answering their discovery with the answer to all I am a sole provider for my daughters and the time i have is spent working or taking care of them. I also sent my ex the discovery addmissions request along with the attorney general and he did not have to provide anything and I was the one called upon the stand not him

Answered in 1 day by:
4/3/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Hello
DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what the court is telling you to do is send notice to the other parties as that is a requirement of the courts. You can send them certified mail to the last known address or you can efile a "notice of motion" and there would be a form online for notice.

DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer