Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter’s father gave me permission to leave the state…

Customer Question
My daughter’s father gave...

My daughter’s father gave me permission to leave the state of New York. But we didn’t do a sign agreement. We agree under the terms that I have became really ill and now disabled and need day to day help with almost everything. He ask me to drop the child support case and I told him no. He told me if I don’t drop the case he will tell the court I kidnapped our daughter. He did and he also filed a writ for me to move back in the state. I am still in the same position as far as being sick. The court wants me to take my daughter to court on The 25th of this month. She will be missing school for this. I need legal counseling regarding the case. This whole thing is stressing me out. I getting admitted repeatedly in the hospital. My doctor is very concern about toll this is taking on me. Plz tell how to go about this Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in NY family court?

No because I’m in the Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes. But I don’t have too much confidence in her. She ask me to send her a email entailed how the agreement came about. Haven’t heard from her since. Oh and she keep telling me to bring my daughter to NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to contact the Courthouse, the Clerk's office where the case is pending and ask to be sent Motion form to request for appearance by telephone because you cannot afford to travel due to your health and financial issues. Here is the sample form.

https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/6jd/tioga/forms/etestapp1201.pdf

Cleaner copy of the first:

https://www.nycourts.gov/forms/familycourt/pdfs/4-24.pdf

Another sample request for telephone hearing:

https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/9jd/Westchester/family/pdfs/telephonicReq_WP.pdf

You should also file a response to your ex's complaint and tell the Court your side of the issue and stress that he only filed the complaint when you refused to drop child support. That his complaint is retaliatory.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.