Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If your spouse abandons you in the state of can you get

Customer Question
If your spouse abandons you...
If your spouse abandons you in the state of Virginia can you get emergency alimony money served on them when you're hardly making any income
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2018
Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 20 days ago
QuickEasyLegalHelp

I am a Family Law attorney expert and a former District Attorney, and I will be helping you. Nice to meet you.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not create an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I will be answering your question with the expectation that if you are satisfied with my answer, you will give a positive rating.

The state of Virginia provides for TEMPORARY SPOUSAL SUPPORT (spousal support is the same thing as alimony, it is just called spousal support in Virginia).

Virginia Code § 20-103 provides that in any case where spousal support is in dispute, a Virginia court may enter an order of temporary support pending the conclusion of the case. This order of support will last until the conclusion of the case, at which time the court may order more or less support, or no support at all, depending upon the facts of the case.

You need to get a local lawyer to help you with this - or you can go to Legal Aid, which provides low-cost legal help for people in your situation. Would you like a referral to your local Legal Aid?

Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 19 days ago

It was my pleasure to answer your question and I wish you good luck with this!

If I have answered your question and you are satisfied, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

It does not cost you anything to click and it is the only way I can get credit for my work, and of course a positive 5 star rating would be appreciated.

You can still ask me all your follow up questions, even after you please leave a positive rating at the top of your screen.

I wish you all the best with sorting this out!

Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 17 days ago

Hi, did you have any follow up questions?

Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

Hi, i see that you viewed my answer but did not rate, can you either:

1-ask me a follow up question

2-rate my work 5 stars so I may get credit for my time (it does not cost you anything but it is the only way I can get credit for helping you)

Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 14 days ago

Hi, please rate 5 stars so I may get credit for my work. (or ask me a follow up question if you have one)

Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 12 days ago

Please rate 5 stars so I may get credit for my time (it does not cost you anything but it is the only way I can get credit for helping you)

QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer