Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I recently lost my kids to child protected services all my…

Customer Question
I recently lost my...

I recently lost my kids to child protected services all my kids got split up in foster care I have did everything they asked me to do but also made me go have a mental health assessment done and saying I have different mood disorder I am trying to figure out what to do to get my kids back due to the lawyer I have is court appointed and he barely calls me or anything I am trying to see what my beat advice would be due to very limited income i love my kids and have always done for them

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Basically it only goes to court when cps goes which they are telling me I want go back to court until June

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Jacksonville NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just miss my kids and I have not been able to visit them due to the social worker want set up a date and told me due to the lawyer not showing up to a family assessment team meeting

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 20 days ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I do still need Help
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The issue is that your lawyer is not going to call you daily or weekly or even monthly. Your lawyer only has to communicate with you when there are changes in your situation. The person you should be communicating with should be your social worker and your therapist. The two of them should be working together with you towards reunification. If they are not doing so, then you need to contact your lawyer and you need to inform him that they are not pursuing reunification and you want your attorney to intervene so that you can be reunified with your children.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer