Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a 94 year old father on hospice and my younger half…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 94 year old father on hospice and my younger half sister is selling his guns and swords. I live in Washington and he in California my father has dementia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in WA family court?

Called local police they said my younger sister does not have Durable Power of Attorney for my Father and my dad said he gave her permission, I have also called social services for adult financial abuse

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want the gun and sword returned and to stop her from further sales

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2018
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?