Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

DSS got called me a few months ago about a place I was

Customer Question
DSS got called me...

DSS got called me a few months ago about a place I was living at they removed me and my child from that home I found another place for me and my child to live it was very appropriate he is spoiled rotten and got everything he needs but because of DSS getting other calls on me again do to family that I'm having words with and they hate me and want to take my son for me they come and take my son from me and give him to the family members that caused all this I'm a very good mom my son's been with me every single day since the day he was born and now he's just ripped from his mother and then to a family member that he don't even know I don't see how this is illegal and I want my son back it is killing me inside I am falling apart without my child I don't see how this could be good for me or him they have no proof whatsoever of my child being neglected he has everything he needs please give me an answer to get my child back please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Charlotte North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

They have placed my son with my baby's father's sister she said that he was going to stay there until the case got closed but how long does that usually take he has never been away from me more than an hour he had plenty of food plenty of clothes plenty of toys probably too many of any of it she couldn't even prove that he was neglected I don't get it

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in NC family court?

I need my son I don't see how this could be good for either one of us

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No I haven't the money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Family Law
3/31/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 23 days ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

Have you received Court Papers? Have your responded or been to Court yet?

Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 17 days ago

Can i assist you?

Ely, Counselor at Law