Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been divorced since 2009. We have 3 children

Customer Question
together. I went to court...
I have been divorced since 2009. We have 3 children together. I went to court 5 times and kept poisoning initially in the hopes my ex would show up and I had an equal division plan.
However, the judge decided to change things and I was granted $1200/ mo (child support) $1000/ mo spousal maintenance x1 year, the home, cars children in taxes all future years. Also my ex was supposed to pay 50% medieval/dental/ ortho bills. We have a disabled daughter as well.
My ex refused to follow this and I tried once to take him back to court, but he got angry and the kids were so upset. I didn't go back.
Also, he decreased any amount to whatever he wanted when each of our daughters turned 18 .. Despite being in school still.
I want to know if it's too late to take him to court for back child support, medical/dental, braces, shoal maintenance.... And if not, how do I start?
Thank you
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Family Law
3/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 27 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

I want to know if it's too late to take him to court for back child support, medical/dental, braces, shoal maintenance....

Response 1: No, it is not. There is no longer Statute of Limitations on back child support in Arizona.

And if not, how do I start?

Response 2: Go back to Court and file contempt action or ask Arizona Child Support enforcement to assist you by applying for child support services.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law