Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a custody question. None. There has been a divorce…

Customer Question
Hi! I have...

Hi! I have a custody question

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

None. There has been a divorce and the mother has full custody.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The father lives in Missouri the mother lives in Turkey

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
Hello. My husband and his ex-wife divorces in 2015 and she currently has full custody of him even though he lives with us.
When he goes there they do not live in a house they stay in hotels. The child’s mother’s family thinks we should have him full time.
I guess my question is what would it take to obtain full custody?
A showing that in child interests and concsitent with reality that he lives with you. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. On review of your facts, you have a good case.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Can she legally have him for two months if she doesn’t have an address?
No. Court will not allow that.