Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I am filing for Divorce, do I have to stay at home until…

Customer Question
If I am filing...

If I am filing for Divorce, do I have to stay at home until the divorce is final? In other words, if I move out before the divorce is complete, do I lose all rights to my things at the house?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Nothing as of yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will also seek custody of my daughter

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

OK,
I would like to get a roadmap of what I should do, steps going through a divorce.
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks for your patience while I finish typing up some information for you, I'm almost done!