Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A cps worker stopped by my house saying they had a complaint…

Customer Question
A cps worker stopped...

A cps worker stopped by my house saying they had a complaint about when the low in come housing did an surprise inspection on my apartment they said it took me 5 to ten min to come to the door which I was in the the bathroom going #2 I. Did take me a few min to realize someone was knocking at the door and my son father was sleeping on the couch until my son woke up and is what I heard first then the knock I let the apartment do there inspection they said everything was fine and just had a few house things too fix like cocking on bathroom and fixing a door knob but other then that they said we were good then the next thing I know today a co

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Cps worker stopped by and wants is to come take a ua and come in on Thursday to talk to them if I know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

No I asked the guy for paperwork about complaint but he just gave me his card I live in lake Stevens wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what to do

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
What should I do they don't have paper work or a warrant for anyrhing they are asking us to do nor have I ever been involved with cps nor my baby's dad should we go to the interrogation thurday next week or go take a pee test for them tomorrow the cps said i had to by tomorrow by 4 cam they ask that from us do we have to do this because of some bullshit complaint
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I see that you requested a phone call, I'm available and would be happy to speak with you over the phone to discuss your case.

I'll send you the link for the phone call offer so we can proceed.