Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I’m in NY, got divorced 2 years ago and at walk through of…

Customer Question
Hi I’m in NY...

Hi I’m in NY, got divorced 2 years ago and at walk through of division of marital assets in the home there were items missing and brought to my x and her councles attention. After living there for months I’ve realized more things missing and vandalism done. I held back money on division of marital home, which I have, because I knew this was going to probably happen. Now after 4 months of the hold back to be paid I’ve just been served to apear in supreme court for violation of stipulation. Do I go back to my divorce lawyer, who has no interest in me other then billing me, or find a council that focuses on theft, etc.....

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in NY family court?

For her taking stuff and damage? No my Attorny told me to forget it and let it go. My divorce took almost 3 years to get through, it wasn’t an easy one

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No I just got served tonight

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have custody of my son and waved child support, I’m not sure what else you’d need

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok

I think you consider a new lawyer to contest this matter and seek a better outcome.Try to gather documents here, the settlement, what they filed etc and call here and get going on this asap so new lawyer can get up to speed.

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />www.Findalawyernys.org

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you .Sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

What type of council do I retain?

Family lawyer here.This is related to your divorce.Thanks for the followup and the best to you.