Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can emotional, verbal, and metal abuse be used in a child…

Customer Question
Can emotional, verbal, and...

Can emotional, verbal, and metal abuse be used in a child custody or child visitation case?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Mental

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas Lubbock TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That will be it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes, any abuse will be given strong consideration by a family court judge, and can even result in custody or visitation being denied.

Is this a situation where the parent was subjected to abuse, or the child, or both?