Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Find someone to serve divorce papers by using SS number

Customer Question
....
find someone to serve divorce papers by using SS number .
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 28 days ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I was told that you can find someone ‘s address by using their Social.
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Hello I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry that you have not received a response yet.

I am not familiar with using a social security number to locate an address. For the purposes of serving divorce papers there are several options. If you do not know the parties address you can usually have someone served by publishing notice of the divorce by publishing it in a newspaper. Please let me know what state you are filing the divorce and I can provide the procedure for service by publication.

If you are just trying to locate someone's address there are several websites that can provide you with an address, usually for a fee.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so cost you nothing extra. Experts are independent contractors and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 23 days ago

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer