Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Divorce consultation

Customer Question
Divorce consultation
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/28/2018
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

What can I answer for you, please? And, what state is this in?

I want to get divorce. I live in Louisiana. I have one kid- 4 years old. I apply for citizenship and will take a test next month. We have been seperate for 2 months.

Okay. With that in mind, what are you asking here, i.e. what do you need to know? For example:

"Will my citizenship matter affect my divorce?" Etc.

i also want to know the process of getting divorce

Well that is a rather open-ended question. So as - how to file?

Well first of all, your naturalization matter should not affect the divorce at all. So with that out of the way, what are you asking about the procedure aspect, specifically?

how to file the divorce. For example, we have to live seperate for 180 days or what else? And what paperworks?

I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.